Reinvent Yourself Now!
Positive thinking is the cornerstone of positive outcomes! Imagine yourself at age 30, 40 or 50 – what were the best attributes of those years? Now pretend you’re that age and live it! In celebration of Healthy Aging month, here are some great tips to reinvent yourself no matter what your current age is!
- Be positive in your conversations and your actions every day. When you catch yourself complaining, check yourself right there and change the conversation to something positive.
- Get rid of people in your life that are always negative! Surround yourself with energetic, happy, positive people of all ages and you will be happier too.
- Walk like a vibrant, healthy person even if you have mobility challenges. Stand (or sit for those who are wheelchair-bound) up as straight as you can! You will look great and feel better.
- How’s your smile? Research shows people who smile more often are happier. Don’t like your teeth? Ask your dentist about whitening or other procedures that will help your smile!
- Feeling a little lonely? Right this minute, pick up the phone and make a call to do one or more of the following: volunteer your time, take a class, invite someone to meet for lunch, brunch, dinner, or coffee.
- Start walking not only for your health, but to meet your neighbors. Have a dog? You’ll be amazed at how a dog can be a conversation starter! If you don’t have time for a dog, go to your local animal shelter and volunteer. You will be thrilled by the puppy love!
- Make this month, Healthy Aging Month, the time to set up your annual physical examination, eye health and other health screenings.
Now is the time to live your healthiest age yet!